|Season 1, Episode 12|
|Air date||September 19, 1990|
|Written by|| Dean Stefan|
|Story Editor||Ken Koonce|
Polly Wants a Treasure
The Idol Rich
Vowel Play is the twelfth episode from season 1 of TaleSpin.
While he is in school, Kit constantly misspells "spinach" in front of the class, always being corrected by his teacher. At one point, he adds "ick" to it because he doesn't like to eat it ("let alone spell it"). Finally, his hand aches when he finally spells it right.
- Heimlich Menudo is the main antagonist of the episode. He is a leopard criminal who worships diamonds so much, he even has some as teeth. Heimlich has a plan called the "Heimlich Maneuver" in order to rob Cape Suzette of all diamonds. He is voiced by the late Kenneth Mars.
- Weazell is the secondary antagonist. He is Heimlich's right-hand weasel (which he doesn't like being called) and is a client of Rebecca Cunningham in her sky-writing business. David Lander voiced him.
- Detective Thursday is a supporting character. He is a dog detective. Jack Angel did his voice.
- This is the episode where Baloo is naked except his hat.
- This is the first episode to reveal Kit going to school.
Teacher: There is no "ick" in Spinach, Kit.
Rebecca: Brilliant, Baloo! What were two o's doing in "Chicken Soup"?
Baloo: Oh no gone with the wind again.